Here are 6 good reasons to add kiwifruit, which are also known as Chinese gooseberries, to your weight loss diet:
1. Kiwifruit contain arginine which has been shown to burn fat (1).
2. Kiwifruit contain around 2 grams of fiber. Their soluble and insoluble fiber content will help you consume less calories by keeping you full for longer.
3. Kiwifruit contain 10 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of protein which makes them filling and energizing pre-workout snacks.
4. Kiwifruit are low calorie fruits with each providing around 50 calories. This plus their 0% fat content and portability makes perfect weight loss snacks for persons on the go.
5. Kiwifruit have a low glycemic index of 58 when consumed with skin. This is beneficial for weight loss since they do not cause the blood sugar surges that trigger insulin rushes and fat storage.
6. Kiwifruit also contain loads of antioxidants and nutrients like vitamin C, A, potassium and calcium.
To increase your kiwifruit intake, eat blend 1 kiwifruit, 1 banana and ½ cup of low fat yogurt for an energizing pre-workout smoothie.
Click here to request your customized Holistic Weight Loss Program.